Author Angela Aaron's Blog: Elizabeth Morgan is in the Attic today!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Elizabeth Morgan is in the Attic today!

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm so glad you were able to join me in the attic today. I can't wait to hear all about your new release but I have a few other questions for you, first.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

Well, ignoring the fact that I have always enjoyed keeping scrap books where I would write down my fave poems, and parts of stories, and then draw pictures all the way around them . . . Every now and again – starting with Primary School – I’d get assignments to write little stories, which I kinda enjoyed.

I had a fan fiction website based on the British band Busted – what? They were good - when I was 14 where I would write serials for people to read, and that progressed when I got to college and as part of my course I would have to write scripts, which then lead to me attempting a book, and well . . . here I am. 

So, I guess you could say it was a slow growing interest since childhood.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

To be honest, the way things were last year it was simply finding the time to continue and finish this particular story, Truth or Dare? Life has a fun way of changing your plans.

Are your character's experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

No, I never base any of my characters on people I know, though I do on occasion pinch their names if I’m stuck and they fit the characters. As for events . . . sadly no. lol My life is not that . . . adventurous, or interesting I’m afraid.

What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing it to life?

I’m afraid this was one of those stories that didn’t require any form of research. It was just a fun and sexy idea that was inspired by an episode of The Big Bang Theory; the one where Penny and Lenard drink tequila. ;-P

What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine?

I write what I can, when I can. I have no routine, but I do try to make as much progress as possible even if it is just adding another 100 words. It all adds up in the long run.

Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they?

It sounds very cliché, but all I can say is never give up. Don’t give up on your story. Don’t give up if your book gets rejected. Everyone has different taste. Someone will love your story as much as you do.

What do you do to unwind and relax?

Unwind? Relax? What on earth do you mean? Lol

I guess it’s just the usual stuff; curl up with a book, sit and watch a film, zone out in a bubble bath.

What question do you wish was on the list? Your answer?

I have no idea lol so if there is a question anyone would like me to answer, just post it in a comment and I will. 

What are your current/future projects?

I am currently going through the first two books in my Blood Series as I plan to self-publish them this summer. I did plan

to start on the untitled second book, but then I saw Decadent Publishing’s new submission call, Beyond Fairytales, and there

was no way I could ignore it. So, after I have read and tweaked book 1 in my Blood Series, I will be working on retelling an

assigned fairytale.

Is there anything else you'd like to say to your readers?

Thank you for your continual support. Thank you for buying my books, and taking the time to leave reviews, which are more helpful than you could possibly imagine. Just thank you. I do hope you enjoy my stories. 

Where can readers find more out about you and your book?

Website: www.e-morgan.com
Blog: www.xxxxmyworldxxxx.blogspot.com
Twitter: @EMorgan2010
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/ElizabethMorgan
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.morgan.944
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/elizabethm2012/boards/
Blog: (Shared with Dianna Hardy): http://notjustastiffupperlip.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank you, Elizabeth for joining me in the attic today. I enjoyed adding your book to my collection of good things.

Thanks for having me over, Angela. I like what you’ve done with the place. 

And now, before you climb down from the attic, how about a snippet from your book that will intrigue and tantalize us:
Sure. 

Truth or Dare? Excerpt:

“Fine, I will take a dare.” I glanced at Ben. “What do you want me to do?”
A wicked grin spread across his lips. It was almost as sexy as his brother’s. “I want you to lick salt off Cameron, and then take the lime from his mouth.”
He had to be fucking kidding. “What?”
“You heard the man.” The amusement ran clear in Cameron’s voice.
An idiotic bout of nerves skipped through me. “And do I dare ask where I will be drinking the tequila from?”
Ben’s gaze flicked to Cameron, who I couldn’t bring myself to look at. Holding up my hand, I cut Ben off before he suggested anything else.
“Never mind. I’ll do it.” Untangling my legs, I slid off the sofa, levelling a look at Cameron.
He pulled his T-shirt over his head, and my mouth dried at the way his six-pack rippled with each movement. He was solid, perfect. His skin was a healthy bronze. A fine dusting of dark hair ran from his navel and crept down into his jeans. I couldn’t help but follow the teasing path with my gaze….
“See something you like?”
Did I ever. I hated to admit it, but he was the kind of guy you just wanted to lick—well, anything off of.
“Nope. I’m just wondering why removing your top is necessary. Scared I’m going to spill my drink on your T-shirt?”
His lips turned upward. “Man told you to lick salt off me, but he didn’t say where you would be licking the salt from.”

~ * ~

Truth or Dare?

Blurb:

Do you dare tell the truth?

A tequila fuelled game of Truth or Dare is not Dani’s idea of fun, but when Cameron, the jerk who rejected her a year ago is the one provoking her into playing, how can she say no? Not that he’s giving her the option in the first place.

Bravado compels her forward, but when the dares get physical and their friends leave them alone, Cameron’s questions turn to her feelings for him, and unfortunately, lying is not part of the game.

Will a dare give Dani the courage she needs to tell Cameron the truth?

Buy Links:

Decadent Publishing: http://www.decadentpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=897&osCsid=4dorlblt5srfk3oju2gi37lu05
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Dare-Elizabeth-Morgan-ebook/dp/B00I1MX3TE/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1390858734&sr=1-3&keywords=Elizabeth+Morgan
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truth-Dare-Elizabeth-Morgan-ebook/dp/B00I1MX3TE/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1390858888&sr=1-1&keywords=Elizabeth+Morgan
ARE: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-truthordare-1405682-149.html

1 comment: