A writer friend is offering a must have class for new writers or anyone that is finding themselves without a publisher. Having personally gone through the legal battle of getting rights back, I wish I had this information in the beginning of the mess. Unfortunately, in the ebook publisjhing this is an all true reality. Thanks Mary for offering this.
Registration Open: You Have Your Rights Back. Now What? (A class)
One of the most anxiety-inducing things an author can go through is having a book go suddenly out of print. Even when an author requests and receives rights back, taking a book from "out of print" to "on sale" can be a hair-raising endeavor. Let an experienced author, one who has seen two publisher closures and taken control of numerous titles as contracts allowed, guide you through the process. During this week-long class the question, "You have your rights back. Now what?" will be answered with proven information that can help you keep control of your work. Because let's face it, with publishers closing and more authors deciding the hybrid career path is right for them, it pays to know what to do when you have your book back, regardless of circumstances.
This course will cover:
• DAY ONE: When rights fall. Dealing with publisher closures and release of rights. What do you need to know? Are you ready to self-publish? Why it's not a good idea to give the book to another publisher until you've done your research.
• DAY TWO: Options and opinions. The many ways you can utilize your book from serials to self-publishing and beyond. What is best for you and your book? How do you know you're on the right path?
• DAY THREE: Finals and Formatting. Does the technical aspects make your head spin? Ways to get around that? How to hire and how do you know if they're any good? Scheduling to save your sanity is also covered.
• DAY FOUR: Leveraging your newly re-released book for maximum sales. How to make everything old new again. And how to use it to increase visibility for your current works.
• DAY FIVE: Final frontiers. Where do you go from here?
Class Begins February 24, 2014 and the Cost is $10
During this course, you'll have the opportunity to ask someone who has been there the questions you need to ask. Find support and the courage to take control of your work. Be prepared for when the unexpected happens. Or simply gain knowledge so you can go forward knowing what's best for you and your career.
About the instructor: Mary Caelsto has been published for over 10 years with some of the best and biggest digital-first publishers in the industry. She's narrowly escaped two publisher implosions with her work intact and works to help others avoid the same fate and take control of their books and their careers. Currently, she writes for a select handful of publishers (using a couple pen names) and self-publishes, crafting a hybrid career that gives her freedom and flexibility.