Author Angela Aaron's Blog: Tamara Hoffa is in the Attic today!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tamara Hoffa is in the Attic today!


I am very pleased to have Tamara Hoffa joining me in the Attic today and learning a bit more about her new release,A Special Kind of Love.


Tamara Hoffa lives in central Tennessee, with her husband of over 30 years, her three grown children, two grandchildren, 4 dogs and 2 cats. Tamara started reading when she was four years old and has rarely been seen without a book at hand since. At home you will usually find her in “nana’s chair” with her kindle, her laptop or one of her precious, precocious grandson’s in her lap. Tamara is a reviewer, an editor, an avid reader and can now add author to her repertoire. Tamara is proof positive that it’s never too late to reach for your dreams.

Good morning Tamara,
I am so glad you were able to join me in the attic on this fine day. I look forward to learning more about you.

First off, can you tell me a little more about yourself beside what we just learned from the above biography? What genre(s) do you write? Why did you choose it (them)? How many books do you have published?
I write contemporary western and military romance. I currently have 4 books published, Heart of a Soldier, Roping Love, A Special Kind of Love and Chasing Love. I have the third book in the Circle R ranch series contracted, Fetching Love, due to come out in May and I am working on a military romance, tentatively titled Changing Tides. It is my first full length novel and I’m a little nervous!

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
That’s kind of funny, I really didn’t! I started working as a reviewer in 2010 and from there I started beta reading for a few author friends. My husband had been telling me for years that I should write a book, and the authors I worked with started telling me the same thing. I still didn’t think I could do it. But, I saw an ad for a short story contest and decided to submit. It got me my first contract! The rest as they say is history.

How do you develop your plots and your characters? Do you use any set formula?
I don’t use any kind of formula. I will see or hear something that sparks an idea and the plot bunnies just take over.

What is the hardest part of writing your books?
Finding time to write! I edit for Secret Cravings Publishing, I still review, I run a blog with my BFF Beverly Ovalle, I have a day job and my grandchildren live with me, so finding time and a quiet place to write is a challenge.

Has someone been instrumental in inspiring you as a writer?
I think every author I read influences me in some way. I love to read and I love finding new authors. I can see that my writing skills are going with each project.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I ‘try’ for 1000 words a day when I’m working on a project. But, some days I do more and some days I don’t manage to write. I work 3 days a week at my day job and on those days I don’t always find time to write.

What motivates you to write?
I want to bring a smile to someone’s face, or a tear. I want to make them feel and give them an escape from everyday life for a little while

Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?
I don’t. I usually have NCIS reruns on in the background when I write.

Now for the really tough question **laughs** What was the scariest moment of your life?
My husband had an accident in 1987. He ruptured 2 disc and herniated 3, there was a very real possibility he would be paralyzed for life. He required 2 surgeries and months of rehabilitation, but thank God he now walks with only a slight limp.

What are your current/future projects?
I mentioned it earlier, but I am currently working on Fetching Love, the third book in the Circle R series and Changing Tides, my first full length Military romance.
Is there anything else you'd like to add or say to your readers?
I would love to hear from you! Hearing what readers think of my books is my greatest joy.
Where can I find more out about you and your book:

Contact Links:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTamaraHoffa

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/TamaraHoffa

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6537898.Tamara_Hoffa

Blog: http://sslyblog.wordpress.com/


Thank you, Tamara for joining me in the attic today. I enjoyed adding you and your books to my collection of good things.

Here is the blurb from Tamara's newest title:
A SPECIAL KIND OF LOVE
Through Fights and Fire, Prejudice and Passion, Burns A Special Kind of Love
A divorced school teacher, estranged from her family, wants to start over. Sharon Daily moves to Gaines, Wyoming with her ten year old autistic son, Aaron. She hoped to find kindness and acceptance in this small town. She wasn’t looking for love…
Tanner West, the Fire Chief of Gaines, seems to have it all. Great job, loving family, and any woman he wants to warm his bed at night. But, Tanner has suffered too. A Native American in a white world, he longs to find love and acceptance. He is ready for more than someone to share his bed. He wants someone to share his life. And Sharon really lights his fire.
Making a life with Sharon will require A Special Kind of Love.


Now, before you climb down from the attic, how about a snippet from A SPECIAL KIND OF LOVE that will intrigue and tantalize us:

“Hello?”
“Hi, beautiful.”
The deep baritone of his voice rolled over her skin like a caress. She felt hot and cold at the same time and goose bumps crawled down her spine. She was in such big trouble.
“I didn’t expect to hear from you so soon,” she cooed.
“I don’t want to scare you off, but I really had a great time today. I want to get to know you better. I thought Aaron would be asleep by now and we could talk.”
“He is…asleep I mean. What do you want to talk about?”
“Where are you?”
“Um, I’m in bed.”
“Oh, man, now I have that visual in my head. I’ve been dreaming about you in bed. In my bed.”
Dang this man was coming on strong. But I kind of like it.
“Really? You are a naughty boy.”
“You have no idea. What are you wearing?”
Sharon laughed. “Sorry to ruin your fantasies, big boy, but I’m wearing flannel pajama pants and a T-shirt. I’m sure that’s not what you pictured.”
“I was picturing nothing…” Sharon barked a laugh “That’s not what I meant! I mean I didn’t have anything specific in mind.”
The poor guy was stammering. She loved being able to fluster him.
“What are you wearing, Mr. West?”
Silence met her question.
“Tanner?”
“I’m not sure I should answer that question.”
“Fair is fair, I answered your question. Now answer mine.”
“Boxer shorts,” he mumbled.
She closed her eyes and pictured him in her mind. She knew he was muscular, she could just imagine his chest, smooth and tan. Would he have a hairy chest or smooth? Smooth she bet, considering his Native American ancestry. A six pack, at least and maybe a happy trail heading down behind the waistband of his shorts. She licked her suddenly dry lips.
“Do they have smiley faces on them?”
“No, never. SpongeBob.”
She laughed again. When was the last time she had laughed this much? Not in too long to remember.
“I don’t believe you.”
“No, really they’re just plain. But I made you laugh.”
“Yes, you did. You do that a lot. Thank you.”
“I love the sound of your laughter. I want to hear it all the time.”
That had to be about the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her.

Other books by Tamara: Roping Love, Heart of a Soldier and Chasing Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment